Monday, December 25, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Barbara Walters introducing Anna: “She could have been on our list most any year, but this year was tailor-made for her, since she was reputedly the inspiration for the hit film, The Devil Wears Prada. But whether it’s 2006 or any other year, fashion editor Anna Wintour seems always in Vogue."
Barbara’s voiceover: “In the world of fashion, everything changes, except for Anna Wintour and her power. For two decades, 57-year-old Anna Wintour has reigned over the Vogue magazine empire, making it the most profitable magazine of its kind, and developing three new magazines: Teen Vogue, Men’s Vogue, and Vogue Living.”
“We met at her New York office, where she and editor-at-large André Leon Talley were choosing photos for the January issue of Vogue featuring Angelina Jolie.”
Anna Wintour [to Walters and Talley, as well as Vogue fashion market/accessories director Virginia Smith and design director Charles Churchward]: “She loved this look, the jeans and the trench coat.”
BW: “Anna, you walk down the street, and everybody is wearing t-shirts and jeans. So, what’s fashion?”
AW: “Well, jeans and t-shirts can be equally as fashionable as an Oscar de la Renta ball gown.”
BW: “Do you think women are still interested in fashion?”
AW: “I think that they love fashion.”
Barbara’s voiceover: “Anna has been in love with fashion all her life. She was born in London, her father the editor of a major newspaper. She dropped out of school and got her first job at age 16. At age 25, she arrived in America, eventually landing the top job at Vogue. Along the way, she married, divorced, and raised two children. Two things seem to set her apart: her devotion to young designers and her signature look.”
BW: “At 15, you cut your hair like this, and never stopped. So how did you know this was the look? ’Cause it’s the Anna Wintour look.”
AW: “I’m sure it’s very boring and I should change, but every time I’ve tried it doesn’t work.”
Barbara’s voiceover: “Meryl Streep’s brilliant performance as a fashion editor in this year’s hit film, The Devil Wears Prada, was supposedly based on Anna.”
BW: “What’d you think of the film?”
AW: “I thought the film was really entertaining. I mean, anything that makes fashion entertaining and glamorous and interesting is wonderful for our industry. So I was 100 percent behind it.”
BW: “Did you recognize any of yourself?”
AW: “Well, I’m a very decisive person. I think it’s actually helpful to people you are working with if you can make decisions, so if Meryl seemed somewhat strong, I respect that.”
BW: “Is it true that the women who work at Vogue have to be particularly stylish, no jeans?”
AW: “Well, hopefully everyone who works there loves fashion. We expect, we don’t dictate, a certain style of dress.”
BW: “Anna, does the mood of the country affect fashion?”
AW: “Absolutely, it affects fashion. We were so interested at Vogue to see how militant many of the collections were.”
BW: “Because of the war?”
AW: “Because of the war. There was a real sense that the women on the runways were going into battle. Since the election results in November, talking to many of the designers I feel they’re now so optimistic and thrilled at the idea of change and possible withdrawal from Iraq. So that’s going to be on the runways next September.”
BW: “So if I were really smart and I looked at Vogue, I would be able to tell what the mood of the country was.”
AW: “I believe so.”
- Simply stated Marc Jacobs 70% off, everything must go! Like chinchilla ear muffds or cowl neck wool flannel dresses (originally $1,300 now $390) As if we needed more reasons to love Marc. Located @ 163 Mercer St. (btwn. W. Houston & Prince)
- Today is the last day to get Leigh Bantivoglio, Tibi, and Goldenbleu (most importantly for me) for 75% off retail at their flirty and fabulous fall sale. Shop for gifts the holidays are coming at breakneck speed or just treat yourself, whatever works! Located @ 336 W.37th (btwn. 8th & 9th) on the 11th floor from 10-7.
- Starting today and going till tomorrow only Nanette Lepore’s feminine dresses ($145 to $250), coats ($250 to $300), and pants ($95 to $120) are on sale @ 225 W. 35th St (nr. 7th) on the 4th floor from 9-6.
- Continuing today and going till tomorrow Proenza Schouler is unloading fall leftovers and clothes from previous seasons; dresses are now $200 to $500 @ 120 Walker St. (nr. Baxter) on the 6th floor from 9-6.
- Till Friday Perlina is running their annual sample sale featuring a wide assortment of handbags, totes, backpacks and much more. Prices range from $10(!)-$300 @ 10 W. 33rd St. (btwn. 5th & Broadway) Suite 210 from 9-6.
- This Friday and Saturday Luca Luca is having their holiday sample sale! Items including gowns, skirts, pants, jackets, tops, knits, as well as handbags, and shoes up to 75% off or more. Maybe you can find some spectacular gifts for the season! RSVP at email@example.com. Then head over to 19 W. 36th St. (btwn. 5th &6th) 4th Fl. from 9-7 on Friday and 10-5 on Saturday.
- Starting Saturday and running to the 21st of December (perfect for last minute gifting) is the TSE semi-annual fall sample sale offering the largest selection of cashmere, as well as silks, superfine wools and cottons are available from TSE Women, Men, Baby and Home Goods. Prices range from $50 to $300 for sweaters, $50 to $250 for pants. Located @ 317 W. 33 St. (btwn. 8th &9th) Running Friday-Thursday 9-6:30.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Friday, December 08, 2006
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Friday, December 01, 2006
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
This week there is alot of stuff going on. That's good news for all because everyone could use these deals just in time for the holiday!
- You're invited to the Denim Blitz after Thanksgiving sample sale. They are back and stocked with the best of the best! You will find: Seven for All Mankind, True Religion, People's Liberation, Juicy Couture, Antik, Yanuk, Earnest Sewn, Grail,
, Frankie B, Paper Denim & Cloth and many many more. There will also be new designer winter jackets, leggings, hoodies, dresses, sweaters, cashmere tops and much more. This is really is the sale some of you have been waiting for so head over there and shop it up. Now till 12/3 (Thu-Sat, 11-8 and Sun 11-5) @ Hudson 72 Greene St(btwn. Spring & Broome)
- Here’s a blast from the very recent part. Dolce and Gabbana is still going strong with 70% off some of the greatest items from fall and winter for men, women, and kids. With a little something for everyone your sure to find something for someone. Going on now till 12/11 (Mon-Sat 11-8, Sun 12-7) @ 434 W. Broadway (btwn. Prince & Spring St) and for those people in
Jersey, D&G @ The Mall at Short Hills.
- American Essentials is the leading socks licensee provider for top designer labels such as Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, etc. This annual sample sale will be featuring hosiery, robes, slippers by American Essentials and some of the coziest socks to keep you warm, as well as, t-shirts, drawstring pants and other loungewear normally carried by high end retailers. Items are in the $2-$50 range. Starting tomorrow and going till Friday (Wed-Thurs, (9-6) and Fri (9-2) @
358 5th Ave.(entrance on 34th Street) 2nd floor. This one is CASH ONLY!
- Bitta Design Group's having a fabulous sale on precious and semi-precious jewelry. The skillful use of 14K, 18K and platinum creates designs that are suitable for any occasion. With rings, earrings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets and a great selection of French, Italian and brand name, gold and diamond watches at up to 80% off retail you might just find the perfect gift for someone on your list. BONUS: First one hundred shoppers will receive a Venetian hand-blown glass necklace with any purchase, and that is something you can keep for yourself. Tomorrow and Thursday (10-6:30) @ The Peninsula Hotel
700 5th Ave(at 55th St) 3rd Fl - Tribeca Room.
- For all you crazy dog lovers: New York Dog is having a huge holiday sample sale. This company has some of the most luxurious and innovative fashion accessories for classy canines and their stylish owners. There is an enormous amount of inventory and prices are up to 80% below retail. Save your wallet the pain of buying doggie accessories full price and stop by. Tomorrow till Saturday (Wed-Fri 8-8, Sat 10-6) @
133 W. 25th St.(btwn. 6th & 7th Ave.) in Suite9 East.
- Since Balenciaga is ordinarily beyond my budget and possibly yours as well, we’ll have to make sure to hit the 40% off sale. Maybe I’ll spot the next perfect bag for me. Starting on Thursday till 12/15 (Mon-Sat 11-7, Sun 12-5) @
542 W. 22nd St.,( nr. Eleventh Ave.)
- The store may have just opened, but
+ olivia is already slashing their prices for the holiday season. Save 40-70% on leggings, sweater dresses, jackets, and more. Starting Thursday till Friday (9-7) @ alice 80 W. 40th Street(nr. 5th Ave).
- And here’s more for my super posh fashionistas Stylebug.com returns to
with hundreds of new arrivals! From designer gowns, dresses, suits to handbags and shoes, all merchandise is priced up to 85% off retail. Featuring items by Escada, Chanel, Badgley Mischka, Versace and many more with thousands of items to choose from. From 12/2 – 12/5 (Sat-Mon 9-8, Tue 9-6) @ The New Yorker Hotel, New York 481 8th Ave.(at 34th St.) on the 3rd Floor, Sutton Suite.
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Monday, November 20, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
- First there is a multi designer sample sale including men’s, women’s, children’s goods, as well as, some home items. Featured designers include Missoni, Marc Jacobs, Mui Mui, Jimmy Choo, Prada Sport and many more. And with deals like cashmere sweaters now $45, originally $275, puffy ski jackets $15, originally $275, and all kinds of designer jeans now $55, originally $200-$375 how could you resist? Today, Saturday and Sunday from 11-7 @ 59 Crosby St. (btwn. Spring & Broome) But keep in mind this is CASH ONLY!
- Today till Sunday Rubin Chapelle is taking up to 70% off printed silk dresses (around $320), kimono sleeve blouses (now $125), drawstring skirts (now $120), and more. If you in the mood for comfortable fabulousness head over to 410 W. 14th St. (nr. 9th AveTomorrow and Sunday (9-7, and 10-6 respectively) Lafayette 148's chic, modern separates (normally sold at Saks and other high end retail shops) are up to 80% off! Not much more to say about that. Head over to 148 Lafayette St. (nr. Howard.)
- Tomorrow and Sunday (9-7, and 10-6 respectively) Lafayette 148's chic, modern separates (normally sold at Saks and other high end retail shops) are up to 80% off! Not much more to say about that. Head over to 148 Lafayette St. (nr. Howard).
- Tomorrow ONLY The Billion Dollar Babes sale is hitting New York with desginers like Sass & Bide, Tocca, and Cynthia Rowley for up to 80% off, as always. Located @ the Altman Building, 135 W. 18th St. (nr. 6th Ave.) Treat it like a job ladies, from 9-5. But don't forget if you haven't already you must pre-register at billiondollarbabes.com.
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Saks Fifth Avenue is ushering in its newly renovated 110,000-sq.-ft. New Orleans store at Canal Place—which was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005—with a two-day celebration that will include a celebrity-attended Oscar de la Renta fashion show, a personal appearance by denim designers Chip and Pepper Foster of Chip & Pepper, and a gala for approximately 2,000 invited guests. Following the fashion show, Saks will host a party, themed after the city’s rich French history and its European beginnings, with catering provided by chef Emeril Lagasse. The opening events will support five New Orleans charities, including the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts (NOCCA), New Orleans Museum of Art, Contemporary Arts Center, Louisiana Cancer Research Consortium, and Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans. The following day, Saks will host a meet-and-greet with local citizens and customers in the morning, followed by a formal ribbon cutting marking the official opening of the store, and the PA by Chip & Pepper. “Saks Fifth Avenue has been blessed with 23 years of success in New Orleans,” said Sadove. “Re-opening Saks at Canal Place gives us the opportunity to further serve our growing customer base here, and it marks another milestone in the comeback of this great city.”
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Monday, November 13, 2006
- Cynthia Rowley, nancy nancy, & Nancy Geist Sample Sale. Stock up on shoes & boots at the annual fall sample and stock sale! Hundreds of pairs of footwear will be available for below wholesale prices. All sizes will be available from 5-11. Go to Top Button and print the add so you can get $10 off a purchase of two or more pairs. Going on now and ending 11/17 from 10-6:30 at 370 7th Ave (btwn. 27th & 28th) Suite 2307. This one is CASH ONLY.
- And speaking of shoes you are totally invited to the Shoebox pre-holiday sale. Go to Top Button and with the ad, take 20% off all fall shoes, boots, and accessories for this week only. Find the hottest selection of designer shoes including collections from Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Juicy Couture, Stuart Weitzman and Cole Haan, to name a few. Also you will find the newest selection in handbags (my kinda thing) at the 36th St. location from Botkier, Kooba, Lauren Merkin, and Gryson to again name a few. Going on now and ending on 11/20 Mon-Thu 11-9, Fri 11-8, Sat 11-7, Sun 12-7 @ 3rd Ave. (btwn. 35th and 36th) and Mon-Fri 9:30-8, Sat 10-7, Sun 12-7 @ 1349 Third Ave. (corner of 77th St.)
- Because everyone needs more shoes... the Anbar Shoes, big sale has started. And when they say big they mean big! Everything is on sale. Shop over 12,000 pairs at prices around $21-$430. With brands such as BCBG, Sacha London, Delman, Beverly Feldman and many MANY others too numerous to mention. Sizes 5-12 so there's somehting for everyone. Starting today and going till 11/25 (Mon-Fri 9-6:20, Sat 11-5:45, closed Sundays) @ 60 Reade St. (btwn. Broadway & Church)
- I'm excited about this one! Kooba bags from $100 to $225 and belts at $50. Over 1,500 units to start, with daily reorders to follow. That means Carla, Ginger, Sienna, Jessie, Paige, Frankie, Marcelle, Claudia, Chiara, Ada, Braeden, Zoe and more could be coming home with you. Starting tomorrow and going till Friday only (Tues. 10-7, Wed 10-6, Thursday 10-7, Fri 10-6) @ 261 W 36th St. (btwn. 7th & 8th) on the 2nd Floor.
- Ben-Amun's trendy jewelry will be 50-60% off retail at this sample sale. His beautiful wares can normally be found at Intermix and Henri Bendel tomorrow 11/14 will Thursday 11/16 from 12-6:30 @ 246 W. 38th St. ( btwn 7th & 8th) on the 12th flr.
- Vivienne Tam is up to 75% off retail prices at the holiday sample sale! Featuring the latest women’s contemporary sportswear and dresses at tremendous savings. And with excellent gift selections for the holidays, prices starting at $30, and new merchandise arriving daily you don't want to miss out. Starting Wednesday 11/15 and ending Friday 11/17 (Wed 10-8, Thu 10-7, Fri 10-6) @ 550 7th Ave. (btwn. 39th & 40th) on the 20th Fl.
- Barbara Bui's top-notch clothing and accessories at up to 90 percent off. Not much else to say about that! Starting Wednesday till Friday from 10:30-7 @ 115-117 Wooster St. (btwn. Prince & Spring)
- Here's another simple, no brainer. White+Warren sample sale! Because cashmere sweaters, that were $200 are now $85 and wraps that were $165 are now $85. Good to stock up before the weather gets cold. Another Wednesday through Friday one (Wed 12-6, Thurs 8-6, Fri 8-12) @ 80 W. 40th St (btwn. 5th & 6th) on the 3rd flr.
- What better way to celebrate the fall season than to add the luxury of Dolce & Gabbana to your wardrobe for up to 70% off retail prices at the Dolce & Gabbana sample sale? Now is your chance to scoop up everything from beautiful basics, to coveted runway pieces, to one-of-a-kind items you have been dreaming about. Come early for the best selection. Beginning Thursday 11/16 till Sunday 11/19 (Fri 9-6, Sat 10-6, Sun 11-5) @ the D&G Showroom 85 Spring St. (btwn. Broadway and Crosby) on the 2nd Fl.
- Mint coats, dresses, pants, and tops around 50% off or more. This week, Thursday and Friday from 9-7 @ 231 W. 39th St. (btwn. 7th & 8th Ave.) suite 508. What a way to start the weekend!
- More fabulous jewelry on sale this week with Me&Ro.'s silver and ten-karat gold jewelry at up to 75% off. Hit it after you tear up the Mint sale (Thurs 12-7 and Fri 10-7) @ 13 Crosby St. (btwn. Howard & Grand) on the 2nd floor
- And last but not least the AX Armani Exchange One Day Sample Sale Event! Saturday 11/18 from 9:30-3. This one is a trip but worth it if you can make the time. Tees, skirts and shorts, $5. Long sleeve tees and vests, $10. Shirts, blouses and sweaters $15. Jeans and pants, dresses and blazers $20. Light outerwear $25. Heavy outerwear $30. Leather outerwear $40. Belts and hats $5. Wallets $10. Bags $15. Leather bags $20. Due to limited access to the building, only groups of 90 people are allowed every 30 minutes so get there early! Please note: some merchandise will have damages and defects but all sales are final so make sure you love what your getting. Directions from NYC: Take Lincoln Tunnel to Route 3 West. Take Meadowlands Parkway exit and make a left at the end of the ramp. Make a left to American Way. Make a right onto Enterprise Avenue. Entrance is by the shipping and receiving door on the side of the building. (125 Enterprise Ave. South Secaucus, NJ 07094) CASH ONLY
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Martha Stewart is really to trying to branch out with the introduction of some fashion-centric guests. as opposed to the standard gardener, craft maven, or chef. Next week, The Martha Stewart Show will broadcast segments of her trip to the Paris couture shows this past July. Among the segments to air are a visit to Coco Chanel’s home and a quick chat with Karl Lagerfeld at his studio before the Chanel show. The real climax, however, will be the November 17 episode featuring Valentino in the studio with Stewart in New York. According to a show publicist, Valentino will tape the episode three days prior. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Valentino's top-secret, family Thanksgiving turkey recipe, it's a good thing.
- Earnest Sewn for jeans, jeans, and more jeans for both men and women priced $60-$85. Running till the 11th weekdays till 8 and Sat from 10-5 at 72-76 Greene St., (btwn. Spring & Broome) on the ground floor.
- Delman boots and shoes at wholesale and below. Tomorrow from 10-7 @ 730 5th Ave., (btwn. 56th & 57th) on the 8th flr.
- Uniqlo's flagship store is opening on Friday. Stop by and be one of the first to shop the asian sensation @ 546 Broadway in SoHo.
- Viktor & Rolf hits H&M on Thursday. I can just hear the wedding march now...
- You can shop the newest stuffs from Go:International with Behnaz Sarafour's line at Target.com before it is released in stores.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Monday, October 30, 2006
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Sephora’s got beauty and brains in the bag as we will see this November with the debut of Monopoly: Sephora Edition. Here's the twist, this time only beauty rules apply: players go to jail for bad hair days, advance to go for getting a manicure, pay fines for streaky self tanner application, and purchase products with beauty bucks. When players own an entire cosmetic category, they can place Sephora shopping bags on their properties and eventually upgrade to Sephora stores; they can also get ahead by stocking their stores with the most beauty products. Lending their names to the whimsical game are some of the industry’s top beauty brands. There’s Stila in Gloss Gardens, Make Up For Ever on Lipstick Lane, Nars on Cheek Street, Murad at Cleanser Crossing, and Bliss on Lotion Avenue. And with a retail price tag of around $45 I'm sure it will be on every little (and big) fashionista's Christmas list along with a few designer Barbies.
Here are some sales going on this week with a little something for everyone:
- TODAY from 10-5, just in time for a last-minute Halloween outfit and great designer duds: Housing Works Thrift Shop has shoes for $1 to $5 and $20 “all you can stuff” bags. Location: 48-49 35th St., nr. 48th Ave., Long Island City
- I know you remeber Norma Kamali. and her hooded jumpsuits, that were $385, are now $96.25; wide pants, that were $135, are now now $33.75, and so on. The last chance to shop is today and Monday, 10-6 at 11 W. 56th St., btwn. 5th & 6th Aves.
- Harlem shopping hot spot N, at 114 W. 116th St. nr. Lenox Ave, is taking 30% off Juicy Couture, perfect for you SDT sisters up at Columbia and Barnard. Going on now till 11/14.
- Loyale and Bliss Lau because Loyale dresses, blouses, and active wear combined with Bliss Lau handbags and belts at wholesale and below prices is just fabulous. Going on Thursday 9-8 and Friday 10-6 at 325 W. 38th St. btwn. 8th & 9th Aves., suite. 812