Thursday, November 08, 2007
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
- Worldwide, over one million plastic bags are used EVERY MINUTE.
- In the US, about 12 million barrels of oil and 14 million trees go to producing plastic and paper bags each year.
- About 4 billion plastic bags end up as litter each year.
- First and most talked about is Anya Hindmarch's "I am not a plastic bag". Basically a totally styling alternative to the plastic bag and a super cheap $15.00 for designer fabulousness. It sounds too good to be true and it is because they are completely sold out everywhere. Plus, Ms. Hindmarch has decided to put all her attention towards growing her brand. You can still pick one up on eBay though.
- If you like the idea of green living you can find great tips and products at Ideal Bite. Sign up for their mailing list and have green living emailed to you everyday. They definately subscribe to the idea of your own bag as opposed to paper or plastic so much so that they even have their own version. Spread the word and become a Biter!
- The lightest reusable bag on the market is the ACME bag. Yeah, you can rock out like the coyote chasing the road runner when you do your shopping. The best part is it conveniently folds up into a tiny little carrying pouch that you can put in your big purse.
- Last but not least there is my old eco standby Ecoist. They have their own set of 5 reusable bags that are colored to match and come in their own carrying case. With 5 different sets of 5 bags each there is something for everyone.
- First place to shop is HER Design. With bags made out of linen, hemp canvas, organic cotton, vegan leather, silk, etc. It's easy to see that there is a little something for everyone. My personal favorite, The 'Iris' in any of the many different fabric options.
- Kim White specializes in handbags made from vintage automobile fabrics. Personally I really like the 1975 AMC Gremlin clutch. Reusing is the way to go. It keeps this stuff out of our landfills and is really a slap in the face to our unbelievably wasteful society.
- Speaking of keeping stuff out of landfills. There is always Ecoist and now Escama Studio. They make a bag similar to one on Ecoist but they use colorful thread to keep them together.
- If your looking for a whole plethora of organic and green things check out this online shop. They have a little bit of everything and all in that loving mother earth kind of way.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
- Some good denim! Trouser jeans are my new fave (I knew they were making a come back even though it took longer than I thought it would) but you could also go with some straight leg jeans if trouser doesn't quite work for you.
- The color gray! Gray is the new black this season from clothes to shoes to handbags. It compliments every color and look, in a subtle way. Gray is the way to go! I wish my Hollywould flats hadn't stretched out so badly.
- Menswear in general! Who wears the pants in your relationship? Or that crisp button shirt, or that fabulous trench coat. Show him that anything you can do he can do better!
- Ankle booties! I have been saving a pair of Steve Madden ones that I got last year on sale. And although they don't have them anymore because Steve never repeats anything (haha) these are perfect for the fall.
- Cropped jackets! Again, I picked up a totally awesome one last fall and have kinda been holding on to it till now but you should pick one up because they go with any outfit and are super comfy.
Monday, August 20, 2007
- The notorious Jimmy Choo sample sale is here... shoes, bags, and accessories from 65% off. I went last year and the line was CRAZY. The deals and selection really depended on what size you are. If your closer to sample sizes there will be more for you, as is a guess to be expected. Get there early, that's my only word of advice. This Thursday, from 12-7:30 p.m.@ Warwick Hotel, 65 W. 54th St., at 6th Ave.
- Mulberry is up to 75 percent. All I'm thinking about is the beautiful beautiful bags. I'll definately try to stop by this Wednesday & Thursday, from 10-7 @ 140 W. 57th St., btwn. 6th & 7th Aves., ste. 9b.
- Charlotte Ronson's summer dresses for $75, wedge shoes for $45, and sweaters for $70. Great way to get ready for the fall. This Wednesday thru Friday from 10-6 @ 1071 6th Ave., b/t 40th & 41st St., ste. 301.
- Some of my fav Brooklyn boys Hayden-Harnett and they are doing it up for a good cause. Up to 80% off clothes, bags, and other accessories, with 20% of proceeds benefiting the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. This Wednesday thru Saturday from 12:30-7:30 @ Edge NY, 65 Bleecker St., btwn. Broadway & Lafayette St.
- Freebies like cocktails and Alpha Beta peels from MD Skincare (normally valued at $200) are reason enough to check out the Billion Dollar Babes shopping event. Here’s another bonus: and Cynthia Rowley gear is discounted by up to 80%. To register and RSVP, go to billiondollarbabes.com. They won't let you in if you don't RSVP. This Wednesday (8-8) and Thursday (8-6) at the Altman Building 135 W. 18th St., nr. 6th Ave.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
- For $14.99 how can you go wrong with this trapeze top or this basic top
- A basic T-shirt dress works now and in the coming colder months with a cute cropped jacket.
- Any jersey dress no matter the color is worth it. They are so comfy! Perfect for the end of summer BBQ's.
- And if you really need to dress it up this embroidered dress will do the trick.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
- I need a new mini-skirt, the ones that I have don't fit anymore. Isn't it a bitch, I lose serious pounds, get healthier, and I'm too broke to buy new clothes. (Size 14)
- I really like this tank top, a bit juvenile yes but still super cute... (Size L)
- I take after my mom in that I really love a good fragrance and Covet by SJP is something that I am, well, coveting...
- I also take after my mother in my love of really unique jewelry like these amazing earrings by Jane D'Arensbourg. V'ta will always have my heart but, these are so cool I've never seen anything like them.
- Trouser jeans are so hot right now and these are a nice affordable-ish pair. I've been waiting for this to come back for too long. (Size 14)
- I can't deny my extreme overwhelming love of handbags and this Libertine for Target bag is a perfect size for my normally overwhelming amount of stuff. What I really want are these shorts but good luck finding them in my size (15).
- On a non fashion related front, I need new Bare Escentuals, the bestest make up ever!
- Throw in a mani/pedi and I'm a happy birthday girl...
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Saturday, June 30, 2007
* a leather floor
* Baccarat crystal chandelier
* $80,000 Andy Warhol shoe print
* a computer that tracks when she wears items of clothing
* a camera to give her a 360-degree "cat scan" of her outfit before she steps out.
How very Cher in Clueless...
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
Monday, May 14, 2007
Kate Moss will be nude at Christie’s this month, but it’s not what you think. A series of photographs depicting the supermodel sans clothing will be auctioned on May 31, including a 1996 print by Irving Penn ($44,000) and a 6 x 6-foot image by Albert Watson (30,000) In addition, a set of six prints of Moss without makeup, taken by Chuck Close, is estimated to sell for up to $40,000. An unpublished photo, being auctioned by one of the 33-year-old model’s friends, is expected to sell for about $12,000. And the list just keeps on going. Yuka Yamaji, head of photography for the auction house, in a statement called Moss “a cultural icon and arguably the most influential model of our day.” I'm not sure if that is 100% true but it seems many people (with lots of money) might disagree with me.
If you are on the curvier side and are looking for more coverage you can check any major department store for a one piece to suit you. If your looking for something in the plus size department that isn't something your grandmother would wear then definitely check out Torrid. They have some really cute, flattering pieces for the real women with curves!
Lastly, if you are one of those perfect bodied people that we all hate you can probably get away with wearing this craziness. Which is unfair because it's so freaking cheap and you have a perfect body! Although the one pieces look kinda funky the separates look like you could make them work for most body types and at $10 a pop why not give it a try.