- Pearl and Ring Drop Earrings, simple and chic $4.99
- First Lady Sunglasses, to channel a little Jackie O $4.99
- The Micro Terrarium would make a nice office/housewarming gift $3.99
- Kimchi Blue Denim Halter Top, only available in size XS (sigh) $4.99
- Yes We Can by Paula Munier for the activist in your life $4.99
- Cut Out Hoop Initial Earrings, I'm always looking for the "I" $4.99
- Studded Sunglasses for those glam days at the beach $4.99
- Wide Eyes Sunglasses, basic and chic $4.99
- Lucha Libre Key Caps, another potential housewarming gift LUCHARAN! $4.99
- Wizard of Oz Glasses, with original illustrations from the L Frank Baum's classic. $4.99
- Hello Kitty Vinyl Collectibles, series 2! I wonder what Series 1 looked like? $4.99
- Pocket Jesus, because that's hilarious! $2.99
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Miss Selfe's modelling career blossomed in older age as she promoted the benefits of going grey. "My hair is my fortune, it made me more striking," she said. "Other younger models admire me but they're not jealous as I'm not a threat. I have a niche all of my own."I don't feel a day over 60. It's fantastic. I'll continue modelling until they stop asking. It love it. It's fun and keeps me young. I was never one for wild parties and I've never had any need to get drunk." Check out the rest of the article here.
Monday, May 25, 2009
That being said, one of the spring/summer trends that I have been interested in trying out is the fedora. Commonly worn by older Spanish gentlemen wearing guayaberas and playing dominoes the fedora has been in almost every store as I browsed through searching for spring/summer work attire. So, one of my gentleman friends (who knows about these things) bought me a super cute straw fedora at a street fair near his church for $15.00!!! Shocker to me since I was used to seeing the nicest ones at very high price points. Since he picked it up some unknown location, I don't want to send you all on a fedora wild goose chase and have found some similar items for your ordering.
....$7.99 @ Urban Outfitters..................................................................... $11.96 @ NY&Co
...........................................................$12.00 @ Luxury Divas
........$6.49 @ Torrid....................................................................... $12.99 @ Shop2Divas
Sunday, May 24, 2009
I love playing this game! Which one is the more expensive one based on the picture alone? Keep reading to find out but keep in mind the choice you made. That being said...
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
There are also some sample sales going on that I think are worth checking out:
- J Rosen is having their fabulous designer bathing suit, flip flop, and jewelry sample sale with new merchandise arriving daily. The swimsuit designers include Vix, Sofia by Vix, Hermanny, and Lisa Curran, who are normally sold at Saks Fifth Ave, Bloomingdale's, Scoop, and Intermix. The designer jewelry includes earrings with semi-precious stones, gold bangles, and necklaces. Cocobelle Sandals normally $95 only $40!!.There is always something fun and exciting to find at this sale with a wide variety of bikinis, one-pieces, and tankinis. Mix and match sizes to find the perfect fit! And when J Rosen has a sample sale most of the other showrooms in the building do as well.
- Clothingline is having a theory sample sale, with over 5000 units of mostly new merchandise and some restock including shirts, knits, shorts, pants, denim, dresses & more
tees $29 knits, shirts & sweaters $69 - $89 shorts, skirts & pants $59 - $89 dresses $99 blazers $139 sizes 00 - 12 / petite - xlarge
- Opening yesterday was the Gilt Groupe sample sale at my fav eco sample sale location. Follow the map and find the treasure.
- Burberry has the goods and starting today they're giving you 40% off that's nearly half off select items from the 2009 spring and summer collections for men and women. and it doesn't end there accessories are included in the bundle.
Here's what has enticed me to take the leap. Unlike other vibrating mascaras that come vibrating the second you free the wand from the tube, Maybelline’s Pulse is manual, so you control when it should vibrate. Also, the vibration is relatively faint, and easy to control.
The Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara comes in “black” and “very black”, retails for $14.95, and will make its debut in stores in June. Can’t wait that long? You’re in luck: select retailers will be selling this amazing item starting May 18th. Simply go to www.Maybelline.com/Pulse, which will take you to one of four retailers: CVS, Target, Walgreens or Walmart to purchase the mascara. Naturally, Walmart is the cheapest overall with their 97 cent shipping. Check back for more updates, I'm going to try my hardest.