Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Never TOO Old....

Some might think that modeling is a young girls game. We don't see Cristy Turnlington or Cindy Crawford gracing the covers of all major fashion glossies anymore but Daphne Selfe, Britains' oldest model, might beg to differ. She has been modeling since the 50s and continues to work today at a rate of a thousand pounds a day!


Miss Selfe's modelling career blossomed in older age as she promoted the benefits of going grey. "My hair is my fortune, it made me more striking," she said. "Other younger models admire me but they're not jealous as I'm not a threat. I have a niche all of my own."I don't feel a day over 60. It's fantastic. I'll continue modelling until they stop asking. It love it. It's fun and keeps me young. I was never one for wild parties and I've never had any need to get drunk." Check out the rest of the article here.

Considering the fact that many luxury brands are returning to featuring the faces of gorgeous late-30s and 40-something supermodels, I have a feeling that we're going to continue seeing more of Ms. Selfe and other 80 year old models in the future.

No comments: