Supermodel Petra Nemcova is a very charitable person as I'm sure you have heard from downtowndarling.com. But, who knew that she not only sells her stuff to benfit the world, she also buys stuff that benefits the world. That's right. Petra Nemcova is an Ecoist! Here she is sporting the Classic Confetti Clutch. You can buy a similar item here and rock her earth-loving style.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Alright girlies... I know most of you New Yorkers look upon New Jersey with great disdain as a smelly, polluted, armpit of America. You are wrong and maybe this will convince you. Find Outlet and BlueFly.com have joined forces and opened the doors to a temporary shoppers mecca with over 350 designers at 50-80% off retail. Want to know where? 3135 Kennedy Blvd, North Bergen NJ starting today and oly open till Sunday from 12-7. Get there while its HOT!! The only catch is pretty much everything is customer returns so, they might be missing things ex: Gucci handbag(buckle missing) orig$1100 now $299, Prada sunglasses (authenticity card missing) orig$ 299 now $99, Vera Wang dress (button missing) was $1500 now$ 149. It seems worth the trip, only a 15 minute ride from midtown. I know you wanna know how to get there so here you go. See you there!
Take the Lincoln Tunnel. Merge onto I-495 W/Lincoln Tunnel toward New Jersey (crossing into New Jersey) I-495 W/Lincoln Tunnel becomes NJ-495 W. Take the Park Ave. exit towards Weehawken/Union City. Keep left at the fork in the ramp. Turn slight right onto N Marginal HWY. Stay straight to go onto Cantello St. Cantello St becomes 31st St. Turn slight right onto 32nd St/CR-691. Turn slight left onto CR-501S/JF Kennedy Blvd W/Kennedy Blvd W and end at 3135 Kennedy Blvd at the Columbia Park Center in North Bergen.
I apologize for leaving you news-less last week things were pretty crazy. I will make it up to you with tons of online sales that you can shop right now! So... shop it up!
- bergdorfgoodman.com - There’s no guilt when Missoni, Derek Lam, Stella McCartney, and Jimmy Choo (to name a few) are up to 40% off.
- neimanmarcus.com - One of my personal fav ways to say bye-bye to retail with Christian Louboutin, Fendi, Chloe, and Bottega Veneta as much as 40% off. Bonus: some of this stuff is current season!
- intermixonline.com. - Who says you don't need to stock up on more for the summer, like Michael Kors sandals that were $465, now $79, Mulberry handbags that were $1,195, now $699, among others.
- barenecessities.com. - You can’t afford not to stock up on Hanky Panky, Cosabella, and Three Dot at up to 80% off. Surprise your mans or just treat yourself either way everyone wins.
- shopbop.com. - Pure and simple. Name recognition. 30-70% off Catherine Malandrino, Foley + Corinna, Charlotte, Earnest Sewn, Sunner, Tara Subkoff for Easy Spirit, and Love from Ya-Ya.
- pinkmascara.com. - More great names up to 70% off summer styles.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Maybe it's because during my mature responsible adult daytime hours I spend my time working at one of the largest American Maritime Museums to finance my after hours shopping, I am attracted to these nautical themed items that are everywhere this summer. Like this anchor necklace and this Primp anchor tee. I suppose if I put it all together I could have a crazy themed outfit to wear to our next big event.
Looking for a good way to kick off summer? Here's one... the Girlshop Sample Sale! I am so excited. It starts tomorrow and goes till Saturday. During the week it's from 12-8 and Saturday from 11-6. All items are 30 - 75% off retail. Including stuff from Ingwa;Melero, Yumi Kim, AKA New York, Charlotte, Cusp, Marie Marie, Ani Bags, Eve Lynn, LaRok, Eberjey, Lulu Guiness and much more including stuff for guys and tots. 119 W. 23rd (btwn. 6th & 7th), 8th fl. Remeber purchases under $100 are cash only, then cash credit or debit for anything over.
Much thanks to Alex for bringing this to my attention... LUSH, one of my fav places to get yummy smelling soap and such, is having an event this Friday from 4-8 at one of the stores in the city, 2165 Broadway (btwn. 77 & 76) to be exact. Head on over there and take part in the concocting of diffrent bath combinations throughout the entire evening. Ever wonder what an Avobath with a Melting Marshmallow Moment smells like? Would you guess Pink Lemonade? Who knew? Bonus: when you purchase $35 worth of stuff (not hard) you will receive a great goodie bag! Be sure to RSVP... 212.787.5874 or email email@example.com.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
If you can't afford the hefty $735 price tag for the Christian Louboutin Bruges, or just can't find them. I have found the best less expensive version, AKA knock off, at Urban Outfitters. They even come with a red sole! Only an extremely discerning eye will be able to tell the difference. Everything in black is back-ordered and most sizes in tan but buy them anyway because this is a web-exclusive item and at $110 a better steal than the original (of course) or the Steve Madden rip-offs, as well.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
After all my looking I have spied a new outlet opening right in Nolita or LoHo or SoHo or the LES, whatever you want to call it today. And in good form they are having a grand opening sale to kick it all off. Scout, as it's called, carries designer women’s apparel, shoes and accessories, which are always priced 40-75% off retail. Bonus: All merchandise is individually selected, not bulk overstock, so you’re sure to have a great selection to choose from. Here's a taste of what's in store for you: Moschino, Calvin Klein, Juicy Couture, Rebecca Taylor, 3dots, and Missoni sandals. Be one of the first to check it out and of course get first pickins.
Details: 123 Allen St (btwn Rivington & Delancey)
Monday, June 12, 2006
In a recent story on her fashion life Stacy-Ann Gooden, of Good Day New York, told Lucky magazine her top three fashion rules in putting together outfits. Her #1 rule:
"Investing in a really great bag is never a mistake - it always elevates an outfit"
That's a rule I live by without a doubt. Some of her picks:
Starting today there is a 65% off Kate Spade sample sale. Don't fret workaholics, it's online, so you can browse the selections right from the comfort of your own desk. But like any good sample sale it's only lasting a few days so don't forget first come first serve, and you can get the best pickins.
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Summer is officially here in a week and if you haven't booked the flight yet you will soon be planning the vacation of a lifetime... or something like that. And if you really need to pack that massive rolling black luggage for your island destination the least you can do to save yourself time and stress at the baggage claim is buy one of the styling luggage tags by Loop. My pick is the Disney Chesire Cat, he will compliment my Loop metallic blue chicken perfectly. I guarantee, from experience, you will be able to spot your bag no problem. If your in NYC, check out Century 21 they normally have them on sale for around $3 a pop, I can't gaurantee the Disney one's will be there though. I say what I mean and mean what I say.
Friday, June 09, 2006
I thought the Manolo Blahnik candle was the most ridiculous home item by a high end fashion designer I had ever seen. And these Louis Vuitton dice came in a close second. But, in the end I think the Gucci ice trays might really take the cake. Most ridiculous thing ever...
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
A big thanks to Lyneve for the email she sent me about the Intermix summer sale. I was browsing through and they have some really awesome deals for whatever your looking for. Tops, bottom, shoes, handbags... you name the designer and they probably have it. My picks are this Goldenbleu handbag, any of these Chloe shoes, plus tops from Norma Kamali, Catharine Maladrino, Mint, Ella Moss, and bottoms from Chip & Pepper, Seven, Citizen's of Humanity, Theory, and Lotta Stensson. Have fun wasting your time away at work and finish off your summer wardrobe with these great deals.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
I'll just lay it out for you as simply as I can... there are lots of good sales going on this week!
- Starting today till Thursday, Diane von Furstenberg... dresses, gowns, bathing suits, jackets, etc. most for around $150 a pop. Now you can look as fabulous as Halle, all you need is flight gear. Location: 260 Fifth Avenue, between 28th and 29th Streets, ground floor
- Starting today, as well, till Friday, an aweome cashmere sale. I know it's summer but lightweight Autumn Cashmere for $25-$80 is worth a peek. You can pick up a piece or two to wear in the fall, or in your office when the air conditioning is just a little too much. The building engineers will love you. Location: 231 West 39th Street, (btwn 7th & 8th) 9th floor.
- Botkier, Wednesday to Friday. Bags, bags, and more bags 50%-80% off. Sounds perfect for an aspiring Imelda Marcos of bags. Location: 13 Crosby Street, at Grand Street, suite 500
- Also on Wednesday, Balenciaga. Men and women's stuffs for 40% off. Location: 542 W. 22nd St., nr. Tenth Ave.
- This Thursday and Friday, super preppy, Felix Rey wears are up to 75% off retail. Fab accesories to the rescue that will spice up any plain polo or madras plaid sundress. Location: 611 Broadway, (btwn. Houston & Bleecker) suite 828.
- And this weekend, the Phi warehouse sale. Stock and samples starting at $25. Location: 71 Greene St., nr. Spring St.
Friday, June 02, 2006
This is probably one of the coolest things I have ever heard of. The Crumpler "Beer for Bags Sale." It is taking place in NYC starting tomorrow running till the 11th. Basically spin the wheel to see what kind of an exchange you can make then haul the booze over to Crumpler and pick up your brand spankin' new bag. Here are their participating locations in the city:
45 Spring St., at Mulberry St.
49 Eighth Ave., at W. 4th St.
45 Spring St., at Mulberry St.
49 Eighth Ave., at W. 4th St.