Thursday, March 25, 2010
Just a reminder that The Garden Collection by H&M (the company's first fully-sustainable line) officially launches TODAY in H&M stores nationwide. This is under H&M's first collection made entirely from environmentally adapted materials (including organic cotton, organic linen and recycled polyester), and is made up of 80 items and 10 accessories all under $60. I am definitely tgoing to try to check it our after work. I think these pieces below are my favs. Can we say Easter Sunday with that dress? I think so... If you want to check out more pieces click here for the full look book.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
While she found a bunch of awesome and budget dress possibilities I wandered around looking for something for myself and came across a whole bunch of racks with trouser jeans!! I know, I couldn't believe it either. While the brand (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) was not what I had originally envisioned they are a great wash, decent fit (although a higher rise than I'm used to) and almost $70.00 off the original retail!!! How could I turn that down especially when my boyfriend was footing the bill?
If you are searching for trouser jeans and are not near the Nordstrom Rack in White Plains (where there are still tons of awesome jeans) like I was you can check out an alternative that I was seriously considering but, had not a chance to try on. These Trouser Dark Wash Jeans from Banana Republic are also a good fit but, unfortunately carry a hefty price tag. I'm glad I was able to avoid it this time but, since it's what I wanted I probably would have paid it... they are spot on.
I am delighted to say that all the waiting was not in vain... I found an amazing, totally unique, handmade option for a killer price. This Black Faceted Stone Bib Necklace is available on Etsy for a totally affordable $9.99!! If that isn't right for you Make This Your Own has lots of other affordable options for rings, earrings, headbands, and of course necklaces including this lace bib necklace featured on The Budget Fashionista. All of them are competely worth the price tag, beautful and unique! I can't wait to wear this great piece...
The one on the left is by Sue London (whose claim to fame was foldable ballet flats) retailing at about $168.00 a pair or more depending on where you buy them. The ones on the left are called CitySlips and retail for $24.95 a pair. Both come with a small carrying case so you can tuck them away and keep your purse, desk, or car clean. I can hear your feet (and wallet) breathing a sigh of relief, your welcome!
Here are 20 things you can rock out for spring that you probably have in your closet already if you had jumped on the trend bandwagon when they first arose. I'll admit I didn't so there are some gaps but, making it work with what I have sounds great to me.
1. Statement Necklace - One trend I love is the statement necklace. Ubiquitous for the past few seasons, it's the quickest way to make your outfit pop.
2. Boyfriend Blazer - Last season's must-buy, the boyfriend blazer, still looks fresh layered over dresses and skirts, or paired with jeans and shorts.
3. Belts - Thick or thin, belts continue their run as an important accessory, instantly transforming virtually anything in your wardrobe. Wear yours to cinch cardigans, jackets, t-shirts, blouses, dresses and more.
4. Florals - A top trend for more than 4 years in a row florals for spring always look fresh.
5. Ruffles - Another trend that has been hot for several seasons, there's no need to put away your ruffled pieces just yet.
6. Trench Coat - The one piece on every Top 10 list year after year is the classic trench. Hopefully you've gotten the hint and have at least one in your closet, bonus points if it's in a bright color. Don't own a trench? Get one - now.
7. Bangles - Cuffs may be the big trend for wrists this season, but it's still chic to pile on your chunky bangles.
8. Grecian or Gladiator Flats - For the third year in a row, Grecian flat sandals are a summer footwear favorite.
9. Hobo Bag - You likely have a slouchy bag in your closet from seasons past and, thankfully, it's still in style.
10. Cargo Pants - A staple of your casual wardrobe for several years, the military inspired pant looks fresh again this season. Wear yours with pretty printed tops and heels or wedges for a fresh look.
11. Denim Skirt - Whether mini or pencil, it's time to dust off your old denim skirt.
12. Wedges - A mainstay of spring wardrobes for several seasons now, you likely own a pair or two, lucky you!
13. Skinny Jeans & Boyfriend Jeans - Both denim silhouettes are still favorites this season, I own neither but, we all know how hard it is to find the best jean.
14. Turquoise Jewelry - Every few years, turquoise jewelry regains its must-have status proving to be a wise investment for your collection. Odds are you've got at least a piece or two in your jewelry box.
15. Nautical Striped Top - Timeless navy and white or red and white striped tops are still trendy.
16. Scarves - Whether you invested in last summer's lightweight scarf or have an old printed silk scarf in your closet, drape yours over tees, tanks, cardigans and more.
17. Fringed Handbag - The fringed boho accessories that were so hot last spring still look great with denim and florals this season.
18. One-Shouldered Dress - Asymmetrical tops and dresses were hot last spring, were still hot in the fall, and continue to make a statement this spring.
19. Leggings - Love 'em or hate 'em, leggings are still in style.
20. Shorts - Shorter length shorts are one of the hottest trends of the season.