Friday, March 23, 2007

Trends

Speaking of the spring it's about time to review what to keep and what to toss. I'm such a hypocrite, I don't ever toss anything! But, in the interest of filling up your closet (if you don't have the space like yours truly) you, and I, might want to think about it. Transitioning from winter (grrrr) to spring (yay), because since just after the January sales ended we have had weeks of wool, scarf, and high-boot weather, I digress. The change can be easy enough thanks to this year's spring styles. Layers are key, and there are so many ways to warm up your warm-weather clothes for now. This of course justifies stocking up on fresh pieces for later on. Plus, your winter neutrals can morph into the black-and-white trend that's popping up again for summer. Cropped pants and shorts work with the tights and boots, with a blazer and blouse for work or a jacket, a hoodie, and a scarf for the weekend. Drop in some flashes of bright, bold color and pattern. My fav for sping is polka dot! Also hot this spring will be nautical (again), wide leg pallazzo style pants, trench coats, metallics (I can't believe it lasted this long) and empire waisted/baby dolls dresses. Now I want to go shopping...


No comments: