Monday, December 08, 2008

Overflowing Inbox

I'm one of those people, like most, who love to be in the know. So, I keep it up by reading zines, blogs, and of course email newsletters. I get so many that if I don't keep it in check my inbox will be flooded with over 100 emails a day, with maybe 5 that are personal. That being said I have sifted through the fluff and found a few cute potential gift items for you holiday shoppers that are running out of ideas for friends (or for your own wish list).

First there are gifts for the eco-friendly friend. I know that shopping for a person that doesn't want factory pollutant, mass produced gifts can be difficult. Alot of things that are good for the environment are more time consuming to make, not in high demand and at the same time trendy, etc. which makes them pricey and hard to find. That being said, ReMake Its Recycled Gift Kits are really cool. They have a do it yourself mentality which I love and are pretty inexpensive. My favorite is the Wine Cork Trivet which paired with a bottle of inexpensive yet delicious wine (might I recommend the Smoking Loon Merlot or Recession Red) puts your friend on the road to eco-fabulousness for around $20. I also like the Magazine Envelopes and the Bottle Cap Magnets.

This next one is something that could be for anyone who doesn't like cumbersome winter hats. With one of the coldest winters in a long time coming this year it will definitely be handy. This Sweater Floral Earwarmer from Urban Outfitters isn't your mama's fleece earwarmer headband, that's for sure. And thank goodness because I want to rip the one that my mother wears off her head and throw it away but, I digress. They have three colors online but it also came in a gorgeous winter white that you still might be able to find in stores if you go on a hunt. I totally wanted that for myself but after spending a pretty penny on winter hats in Bryant Park a few weeks ago I think it would be prudent to wait and see if someone reads this post and gets it for me.

Lastly, you could really use some affordable fun stuff for yourself after being on the hunt for everyone else. I would recommend hitting up a local Target in a week or two and seeing if they have put out the Thakoon or Hayden Harnett capsule collections. Both are supposed to hit the stores after Christmas on 12/28 but I know the store by me always puts them out at least 3 or 4 days early and that means, less items to choose from when the official release date comes. You might find something you absolutely love, try it on, and want to buy it. I would recommend stalking it online and waiting till they mark it down. It might take a few weeks but in the end it's worth it, winter is still upon us and those things will be just as fabulous and wearable when marked down.


No comments: