Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Here's A Tip

Fashionista's definitely don't need any extra help finding sales, you can't turn your head without seeing or hearing 50%, 60%, or even 80% off items at some of the fav stores. It's been an amazingly frugalicious month of Christmas shopping for sure! That being said, be wary of the sales. While these high percentages off might sound budget that doesn't mean that you can walk out of a store with two shopping bags full of stuff for a pittance. And while I am preaching it to you now I wasn't following it a few days ago and I thought everyone can use a reminder from time to time.

With my arms full of heaping piles of fabulous clothes I made my way to the cash wrap at New York & Co. not knowing what kind of serious damage I had done. The original plan was the pick up a few things for my mom, especially after I saw those big red sale signs but, I ended up going absolutely completely utterly off the deep end buying things for my disillusioned self. So, when I made it to the register I was honestly surprised when I racked up a +$200.00 bill. Completely caught off guard I threw down the plastic but was so bothered that I couldn't enjoy my surprisingly delicious food court fare or any of the subsequent shopping.

The most frustrating part of this had to be when I got home and started to go through my loads of purchases. The stuff I got for my mom was solid but under a more critical eye not all the things I picked out for myself were quite right; some of them didn't fit, some of them weren't necessary, and they were obviously just picked up in the heat of the moment. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in myself. That being said, after going through everything once I can see what isn't exactly right and alot of it needs to be taken back. Now, I didn't only waste my time but now I have to waste my money on gas. Lesson learned! Now I pass it on to you... don't be sucked in by the sale, take a deep breath, think about what you need, try it on, and be as judgemental as possible because you need to absolutely love everything in your wardrobe.

No comments: