Friday, December 05, 2008

Inspiration & Literature

You might ask what drives me to keep up with this blog. I will admit sometimes things get busy or stressful and it becomes quite the challenge which results in lapsed posts. But, I am trying to keep it consistent and I look for inspiration all around me. Besides my new outlook on shopping there has been one other thing that bought me back hardcore and that is watching ridiculously unnecessary amounts of What Not To Wear re-runs on TLC. Actually, I was even watching them just now during lunch. I love Stacy and Clinton! They are too funny and as complicated as it might seem their fashion rules are really simple and easy to integrate into your life. It led me to do my own closet purge (which, by the way, I want to write a book about) and I got rid of so many things, 12 large shopping bags to be exact. Honestly, it is the most liberating thing you can do for yourself and if you want to get it started but need help email She Spys.

Now I am going to do the most unusual of things for a fashion and sales blog, a book review. That's right, fashion is everywhere! Dress Your Best: The Complete Guide to Finding the Style That's Right for Your Body by Stacy & Clinton covers every type of body for both men and women telling you how to dress the best for your shape. That being said the book is a bit overrated although, the B&N sale price isn't bad. I mean, you only need to know how to dress yourself, not everyone else. I suggest going to a Barnes & Noble, Borders, or whatever else (I'm non-partisan about book stores) and finding it then, taking some notes. One thing that I found a bit invaluable was the list of items that make a complete wardrobe. I always wonder how they rebuild women's wardrobes after they tear them down. I know they are professionals but that's alot to remeber!


No comments: