Thursday, January 11, 2007

Remeber Her?

Say hello to the Washington Post's Robin Givhan. If you don't remember her then shame on you. She was the 2006 Puitzer prize winner for criticism as the fashion editor for the Washington Post! How inspiring, it makes me think that I can achieve some serious greatness with my shopping hobby. Check out this interview from fishbowl DC:

How many suits do you own? One

What word do you routinely misspell? "Occasion." Or is it "occassion"? I can never remember.

Did you see Brokeback Mountain? Yep.

Did you see The Da Vinci Code? No, but I read the book, which probably explains why I didn't see the movie.

What's the name of your cell phone ring? "Boring Motorola ring"

What time did you get up this morning? Around 8am.

When did you last cry and why? I cry at Hallmark commercials, so I'm an easy mark. I cried the Tuesday after Thanksgiving when my parents finished their visit with me and went back to Michigan.

Which of the seven deadly sins are you? I try my best to avoid "pride" and whichever one led to Gwyneth's head being in that box.

Beach, city or country? All are nice, but if I could only have one it would have to be city.

Would you say you're cute? Pretty? Hot? Beautiful? Let's just say, "I make an effort."

What color is your bathroom? Aubergine.

How many emails do you receive a day, roughly? too many to count, too many to remember.

What's your opinion of New York City? great personality, not much to look at.

What's your favorite letter? Scarlet

What single person played the biggest role / had the biggest influence on your journalism career? My mentor from graduate school Jack Lessenberry who made me cry on more than one occas(s)ion but who instilled the importance of accuracy and fearlessness.

Have you ever downloaded a podcast? If so, which one? Nope.

Who's your all-time favorite American Idol candidate? If I wanted to look like a talent scout I'd say Jennifer Hudson, but I was charmed by Chris Daughtry and his desperately straining vocal chords.

When's the last time you volunteered? Where? This summer at a high school journalism workshop.

Who is your favorite active journalist? I'm in awe of too many to name them all. Henry Allen is a poet. Gene Robinson is brilliant. Malcolm Gladwell can make a story about drying paint fascinating. Teri Agins is a fashion reporting goddess. Michael Specter can write about anything. Maureen Dowd has guts. I envy Frank Bruni's vocabulary.

What did you have for breakfast? A banana smoothie w/ soy protein and a cup of coffee.

What's your favorite item of clothing? At the moment, it's a Prada dress that I could happily wear every day and really should so that I can bring the cost-per-wearing ratio down to an acceptable level.

What one toiletry item could you not live without? uh, soap.

If you could have one superpower, which one would it be? mind-reading

Better role model: GIJoe? Barbie? Obviously, it's Barbie. She gets a raw deal because she cares about her appearance and so is dismissed as shallow. But she has had a multitude of satisfying careers, has worked for a wide variety of charities, has a wealth of friends, a great wardrobe and her own dream house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, loved the interview, charming. have no clue what color is aubergine or what she means by Scarlet being her "favorite letter???" - she has good taste in music, loves Daughtry which is my favorite band at the moment...and she redeemed Barbie. LMAO thanks for posting the interview. interestin lady.