Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Downtown Is Blowing Up

I am loving this little bit of news about my little world of downtown Manhattan. Tiffany & Co. has announced plans to open its second New York City location at 37 Wall Street! The new 7,600 square-foot store, just around the corner from the New York Stock Exchange, is slated to open in fall 2007. And apparently earlier this year, Herm├Ęs announced plans to open at 15 Broad Street, near the new Tiffany's location. The proximity of these two stores will create a major destination for upscale shopping less than five blocks away from my job and my school! "When three Fifth Avenue retailers sign leases below Chambers Street within a year, you know downtown's retail renaissance has begun," said Eric Deutsch, President of the Downtown Alliance. I completely agree and am waiting for the tranformation with bated breath.

1 comment:

Alex said...

oooO! very exciting!!