Monday, February 09, 2009

To Buy or Not To Buy?

trench /trɛntʃ
–noun
1. Fortification. a long, narrow excavation in the ground, the earth from which is thrown up in front to serve as a shelter from enemy fire or attack.
2. a deep furrow, ditch, or cut.
3. Oceanography. a long, steep-sided, narrow depression in the ocean floor.
4. Fashion. a fabulous and classic coat

Within the past few years I have fallen in love with trench coats for a great in between seasons outerwear choice. Classic and universally flattering! I own two trenches already (black and classic khaki) but, they are both big on me since I lost weight I have been toying with the idea of buying a new one. I have controlled myself while searching for the perfect one. Not to mention the fact that the two I already have fit me well enough when I tie them. But, I found this today.
I absolutely love the color. There was a gray trench at NY&Co. that I had tried on but it had the worst pockets. This new one is not an exact trench because it doesn't have the same length but it's still a cute alternative for an amazing price. It more resembles the safari jackets that were super popular last year. I'm ready to go on the hunt for this one because I hate the idea of buying it without trying it on. What a dilemma! If I make it to the mall I will definatley keep my eye out and it's meant to be it will if not there is a better coat waiting for me somewhere...

No comments: