Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rocking the Stockings

Happy New Year!!! I'm back to the nitty gritty of work and have found myself inspired to wear skirts to the office. Strange, I know, considering the almost freezing temperatures but, I digress. Wearing all these skirts in this weather has had be buying quite a bit of hosiery. I am going to suggest to all that instead of investing major bucks on one or two items or going the other route and spending tons of money on cheap alternatives that you follow me to the middle ground.

I am really liking Target's version of Spanx, Assets! Created by the same woman, Sara Blakely, Assests are amazing. The downfall is that there are nowhere near as many variations in Assets but I think it's only a matter of time. I was thrilled after I bought them, wearing them 2 or 3 times then having to get a new pair because I put runs in them which I thought was perfectly acceptable for stockings but, after the reading the reviews there are many people who would disagree with me. I wonder:

  • 1 time, they're as disposable as tissue.
  • 2 times, more than once is good enough.
  • 3 or 4 times, almost the same thing...
  • Same pair, 5 days a week.

Either way, I love Assets! The stockings last 2/3 times but the tights are even better. And with all the shaping fabulouness of Spanx combined with the frugal price tag of Target it's a win/win situation.

No comments: